- [email protected]
- +27 (0)21 785 1214
Terms and Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions of Use
Restriction on Use of Material/Content
You acknowledge that by using the resources on the E-Classroom website, that they may contain information, communication, illustration, text, video, graphics, music, sound, images, written content and other materials and services (collectively called the “Content”), which is provided by E-Classroom or its Associates or by licensors of E-Classroom. You agree and acknowledge that, notwithstanding that E-Classroom permits access to the Content, the Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary (including intellectual property) rights (collectively “Rights”), and that these Rights are valid and protected in all media now existing or later developed, and that except as specifically provided in these Terms, your use of the Content shall be governed and constrained by applicable copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws in South Africa. In addition to E-Classroom and its licensors’ rights in individual elements of the Content, E-Classroom owns a copyright in the development, selection, co-ordination, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, incorporate into any other programme, website, app, CMS or LMS platform, nor charge third parties for use of the content for private tutoring services, create books from or in any other way exploit any of the E-Classroom content whatsoever. No other use may be made of the content without the express written permission of the Directors of E-Classroom in writing.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, shall E-Classroom be liable for any consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials supplied to this site. E-Classroom (PTY) Ltd allows video and audio content on its website and selects external website links that may be for education merit only. E-Classroom does not link to external sites in return for cash, services, or any other consideration in kind. Whilst considerable care is taken in choosing external website links for audience viewing, E-Classroom will not be liable for any consequential damages for content changes to video and audio content from these external links on websites, or viewers’ expressions, broken links, message boards or explicit material. Should you discover any external link that is not suitable for the E-Classroom website, please contact [email protected] or the owners on the web pages where the material appears.
The materials are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, E-classroom disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. E-classroom does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. E-classroom does not warrant or make any representation regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials (Content) on E-Classroom and its partner websites are produced solely for the purpose of supplying education resources for its members. E-classroom may change, add, or delete content on its web sites at any time without notice. Members who access the E-Classroom website from outside South Africa are responsible for the terms and conditions compliance within the South African law. Content from the E-Classroom website are further subject to South African export controls. No resources may be copied, sold, or transferred in any manner from this website or exported to any other Country outside South Africa. By downloading or using the content, you represent and warrant that you agree to the terms and conditions of use.
We do not give refunds on incorrectly selected Grades during the registration process during account upgrades unless we fail to deliver the goods as agreed. In such cases, please contact us at [email protected]
General Competition Terms and Conditions
- All competitions are open to residents of South Africa except employees of E-Classroom, their advertising agencies, PR, and Media Agencies, as well as family members, consultants, directors, associates and trading partners of such organisations and persons.
- To enter and stand a chance to win, participants will be required to follow the instructions of the respective competition.
- Only one “entry” (i.e., comment) per participant, per post, will be valid/considered.
- Winners will be randomly selected by E-Classroom and their partners.
- The winners will be contacted on social media or telephonically and are expected to provide their correct contact and delivery details upon E-Classroom’s request.
- After the winner/winners have been notified, it will become their responsibility to provide their contact details within 24 hours of being notified. If they fail to do so in time, the winner/winners will forfeit their prize and E-Classroom will select a new winner.
- The winners will be announced at the end of each competition.
- If the prize includes an eWallet voucher to the value advertised for the competition, the voucher can only be used once, so if the full amount is not redeemed, the remaining voucher value will be lost and cannot be used again. The voucher is valid only for the day of receiving the voucher via SMS. Should the voucher expire, E-Classroom will not be held liable for issuing a new voucher. This competition is only valid for South African registered mobile phone numbers.
- All winner decisions are final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into. Every effort will be made to deliver the respective prizes, but due to the nature of the prizes, they could be altered at any time, without notice, at the discretion of E-Classroom.
- You agree to accept the prize “as is”. Subject to applicable law, you also indemnify E-Classroom against any damages that anyone may suffer because of the prize/s or this competition, including consequential and economic loss.
- It is the participants responsibility to ensure personal contact and delivery details provided are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner’s own account. E-Classroom and their associates will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur because of their acceptance and/or use of a prize, whether foreseen or not.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed, or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies, or other charges may be levied on a prize by any government or regulatory body, the winner/s will be liable, therefore, and E-Classroom will not increase the value of the prize/s to compensate for such charges.
- E-Classroom reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend any competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity. E-Classroom reserves the right to amend or change the terms and conditions of this competition, without notice.
- Neither E-Classroom nor their respective advertising, media, and PR agencies, nor their trading partners, shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage, or costs, howsoever arising, suffered by an entrant of the prize draw and/or participant in the prize offered.
- Winners may be required to take part in publicity and participation. The winner/s will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise. All and any materials, including publicity materials, will remain the sole property of E-Classroom.
- 18. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- Promoter: E-Classroom, 5 Noordhoek Road, Noordhoek, Cape Town, South Africa, 7979.