- [email protected]
- +27 (0)21 785 1214
Terms and Conditions of Use
Restriction on Use of Material/Content
You acknowledge that by using the resources on the e-classroom website, that they may contain information, communication, illustration, text, video, graphics, music, sound, images and other materials and services (collectively the “Content”), which is provided by e-classroom or its Associates or by licensors of E-Classroom. You agree and acknowledge that, notwithstanding that E-Classroom permits access to the Content, the Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary (including intellectual property) rights (collectively “Rights”), that these Rights are valid and protected in all media now existing or later developed, and that except as specifically provided in these Terms, your use of the Content shall be governed and constrained by applicable copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws in South Africa and worldwide. In addition to E-Classroom and its licensors’ Rights in individual elements of the Content, E-Classroom owns a copyright in the development, selection, co-ordination, arrangement and enhancement of the Content. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, incorporate into any other programme, website, app, CMS or LMS platform, nor charge third parties for use of the content for private tutoring services, create books from or in any other way exploit any of the E-Classroom content whatsoever. No other use may be made of the content without the express written permission of the Directors of E-Classroom in writing.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, shall e-classroom be liable for any consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials supplied to this site. E-Classroom (PTY) Ltd is making more video and audio content available on its website and selects URL links for education merit only for content developed and relevant to the subject they are linking from. E-Classroom (PTY) Ltd does not link to external sites in return for cash, services or any other consideration in kind. Whilst considerable care is taken in choosing URL’s for suitable audience viewing from external websites, E-Classroom (PTY) will not be liable for any consequential damages for content changes to video and audio content from these external websites, viewers’ expressions, broken links, message boards or explicit material. Should you come across any external link that is not suitable for the e-Classroom website, please contact [email protected] or site owners on the webs pages where the material appears.
The materials in this site are provided without warranties of any kinds, either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, e-classroom disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. E-classroom does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. E-classroom does not warrant or make any representation regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials in the website are produced for the purpose of supplying content for the e-classroom website. E-classroom may change, add or delete content in this web site at any time without notice. Content in this website is available for use outside South African territories. Those who choose to access this site from outside the said territory are responsible for compliance within their local laws. Content from this site is further subject to South African export controls. No content may be used from this site or exported into any other Country outside South Africa. By downloading or using the content, you represent and warrant that you are a resident of South Africa.
Please note that we do not give refunds on Grades that are incorrectly selected during the registration process and/or upgrade option unless we fail to deliver the goods as agreed. In such cases, please contact us at [email protected]
General Competition Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all residents of South Africa except the employees of E-Classroom and their respective advertising, media, and PR Agencies, as well as the family members, consultants, directors, associates and trading partners of such organisations and persons.
- To enter and stand a chance to win, consumers will be required to follow the instructions of the respective competition.
- Only one “entry” (i.e. comment) per participant, per post, will be valid/considered, as per point 2 above.
- Winners will be randomly selected by E-Classroom and their partners.
- The winners will be contacted on Facebook and is expected to provide his/her correct contact and delivery details upon E-Classroom’s request.
- After the winner/winners have been notified, it will become their responsibility to provide their contact and/or details within 48 hours of being notified. If they fail to do so in time, the winner/winners will forfeit their prize and E-Classroom has the right to select a new winner.
- The winners will be announced on Facebook at the end of the competition.
- Each prize includes an eWallet voucher to the value advertised for the competition.
- An eWallet voucher can only be used once, so if the full amount is not redeemed, the remaining voucher value will be lost and cannot be used again. The voucher is valid only for the day of receiving the voucher via SMS. Should the voucher expire, E-Classroom will not be held liable for issuing a new voucher. This competition is only valid for South African registered cell phone numbers.
- The decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into. Every effort will be made to deliver the respective prizes, but due to the nature of the prizes, it may be altered at any time, without notice, at the discretion of Lancewood.
- You agree to accept the prize “as is”. Subject to applicable law, you also indemnify us against any damages that anyone may suffer because of the prize/s or this competition, including consequential and economic loss.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal contact and delivery details provided are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner’s own account. E-Classroom, and its associates if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur because of their acceptance and/or use of a prize, whether foreseen or not.
- The prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed, or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the State or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner/s will be liable, therefore, and E-Classroom will not increase the value of the prize/s to compensate for such charges.
- E-Classroom reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity. E-Classroom reserves the right to amend or change the terms and conditions of this competition, without notice.
- Neither E-Classroom nor their respective advertising, media and PR agencies, nor their trading partners, shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage or costs, howsoever arising, suffered by an entrant of the prize draw and/or participant in the prize offered.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the prize draw is conditional upon agreement to take part in such publicity. The winner/s will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise. All and any materials, including publicity materials, will be the sole property of E-Classroom.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- Promoter: E-Classroom, Unit 2, Constantia House, Steenberg Office Park, Tokai, Cape Town, South Africa, 7945.