- [email protected]
- +27 (0)21 785 1214
Studying doesn’t have to be so stressful!
Nothing creates fear and anxiety in the minds of students like a big test or exam. Wanting to study is one thing, but it can be difficult to without the proper guidance. It’s important for children to build good study skills early in their schooling career which will carry them throughout. Unfortunately, studying is an issue faced at all levels of school by all students, but there is help!
It’s easy to let bad habits rule during this stressful time but making the effort to maintain a healthy lifestyle will help you keep your stress levels to a minimum and achieve your best results come exam day.
Some essential tips to stay healthy and focussed during this time include the following:
- Cut back on other commitments- This will take a lot of pressure off and allow you more time to study.
- Eat a well-balanced diet -you’ll find it much easier to concentrate if you eat nutritional meals and healthy snacks.
- Get a good night’s sleep -try to get a full night’s rest before an exam. Sacrificing sleep for late-night cramming isn’t a good habit to keep, even if you want to be more prepared for your exam
- Find A “Study Friend” -you may find that you work more effectively when you have others to motivate you and help you work through difficult concepts.
- Allow yourself some breaks -Taking five minutes to go for a short walk or make a cup of tea can help you clear your head and regain your focus.
- Learn to manage stress -Each student has their own way of dealing with stress — you need to determine what works for you
- Plan a post-exam reward for yourself – This will offer something to look forward to and motivate you to work hard right until the end.
For tips and resources to support your study needs, with timetables, exam checklists and motivation charts, click here.