Poster Competition for Grade 6 Learners
The South African Guide Dogs association’s mission is to enhance the mobility and independence of people who have visual, physical and developmental needs. To create awareness for the organisation, learners are encouraged to create a poster which outlines the importance of guide-dogs for the visually impaired, physically disabled and children with autism.
A R 1500.00 Incredible Connection Voucher for the learner for the best poster
A Stationery hamper for the teacher valued at R 1500.00
An e-Classroom license for the school (allows for access for 20 teachers to the e-Classroom website resources)
The winning poster will be used in the Guide Dog Awareness week in October
What you need to do
Step1: Click on the link to access CAPS aligned English and Afrikaans Home Language content about Guide Dogs. https://e-classroom.co.za/free-sponsored-content/grade-6/english/first-additional-language/term-1/language-structure-conventions/week-56-learner-worksheets?sponsor=ifaw
Step 2: Learners create a poster from the information learned.
Step 3: Teachers choose best poster and submit a photo of the poster to: [email protected] with the school’s name and contact details and name of the learner whose poster has been chosen.
Step 4: Judging will take place by IFAW, E-Classroom and the SA Guide-Dogs Association.
Step 5: Winners will be announced during the last week of August 2018 via email.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions
- General Prize Conditions: Employees of IFAW, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, suppliers, vendors and/or service providers, and their immediate family members or persons living in the same household are not eligible.
- Prizes are not transferable and not assignable.
- No substitutions of prizes will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable or greater value in the event a prize or any portion thereof becomes unavailable for any reason.
- By submitting a poster to the Competition, students hereby grant to IFAW and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted poster in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose.
- Where practicable, the poster will be attributed to the author(s) and the school the student(s) attend.
- In addition, by submitting any poster or other content to the Competition, participants hereby represent and warrant that the submitted materials do not and shall not infringe on any copyright or other right of any third party, and that participant has the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to IFAW herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Release Acceptance of a prize constitutes the Winner’s permission for IFAW to use prize winner’s name and likeness for advertising and/or promotional purposes worldwide and in all forms of media in perpetuity without further compensation or authorization.
- Participants agree that IFAW and its affiliates, and their officers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Sponsoring Entities”), shall not be responsible for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Competition or from Participants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize.
- Participants also agree that the Sponsoring Entities have not made and shall not in any manner be liable for any warranty, guarantee, or representation, whether express or implied, with respect to any prize, including without limitation, the prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
- IFAW reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or who otherwise takes actions that do or are intended to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition.
- IFAW assumes no liability, and shall not be liable, for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Competition including, without limitation, errors in the printing or display of the offer and official rules, selection, notification and announcement of winners.